|Date| Thursday 12th June 2014
|Time| 18:3o ~ 20:oo
|Location| Umi Sushi Express, Shop 2 505 George St Sydney
|Price| @$2* per plate (until 18/6/14)
The $2 Sushi Special is on again !!! If you missed out last year at Umi Sushi, Darling Quarter, then you better be quick to get their deal – from 11/6/14 ~ 18/6/14 !
If you haven’t been here before, it’s located within the Event Cinemas Complex (if you’re still not sure, look out for the line of people and you know you’re at the right place).
The line this year was unexpectedly shorter. When I got there to wait in the queue, there were only approx 10 people (or 5 groups) waiting in front of me. When I came back from the toilet after my initial 15 minute wait (less than 30 minute wait time in total), we were already seated down.
Umi Sushi Express is cosy and has a modern Japanese fitout with the electronic boards, like those you would typically see when you’re in Japan. There were also four sushi masters in the middle of the train that night to make sure that the orders came quick and fast.
Umi Sushi Express also have a good range of choices which includes Seared Nigiri, Nigiri, Creative Roll, Gunkan, Inside Out Roll and much more… To enjoy your $2 sushi, all you need to do is like and check in Umi Sushi Express on Facebook.
Since it’s only $2, we started going crazy on our sushi.
We started off with: (From Left to Right; Top to Bottom)
- Garlic Volcano Cheese Salmon, Shark Fin Jellyfish Gunkan, Seared Salmon
- Crystal Bay Prawn Nigiri, Seared Crabstick, Tobiko Gunkan
- Sea Urchin Gunkan, Seared Scallop, Seared Crystal Bay Prawns
Here are some of our Umi favourites from our visit –
- Scampi – You get to order 2 plates of scampi per person, so I say, why not !? 🙂
- Sea Urchin – Even though they were small, at least we got to enjoy that little bit for $2 – still worth it
- Seared Crabstick – Love the sauce on the top – we’re sauce fanatics
- Ebi Fry (Fried Prawn) – A good break away from all the raw sushi
- Garlic Volcano Cheese Seared Scallop – The BEST – Try it for yourself !
(Just thought you’d be interested: When we left to pay, a customer who ordered 23 plates for takeaway, stacked up a whopping $69 instead of the $46. That’s a potential saving of almost $20!)
- Dine in, like Umi Sushi and check in Umi Sushi Express on Facebook
- Head in there early to line up because they don’t ask about your numbers until you’re at the front of the line. Otherwise, enjoy your Umi sushi on the last few days of their promotion!! 🙂
Drumroll………. Overall rating 8.5 / 10 🙂